Seven things I’ve learned over my first seven months as a insta/blogger…
1. Community over competition. Connect with as many similar bloggers as you can. Message each other, share tips, ask questions, create real relationships.
2. Don’t be defined by numbers. You’ll never get enough likes or have enough followers or subscribers. Let it just be a number.
3. Keep going even when a brand says no. Always reach out. I personally reach out to the media coordinator of the brand I want to work with. Know your rates. Know your engagement. Be persistent! Be confident in yourself!
4. Engage! Comment, like, subscribe, and scroll. Enjoy it! Only follow people you genuinely like, and connect with.
5. Be authentic. Genuinely, and authentically you. People will be mean. Someone will tell you your kid is in the car seat the wrong way, another person won’t agree with your religion, and another person will call you fat. Try to not let other people‘s opinions affect you. Be YOU. This is your space. Don’t respond, and take a break for a few days.
6. Be careful. I personally never share specific locations, last name, job, etc. be smart, and overly cautious. We live in a creepy world.
7. Instagram/ Blog world is full of perfect pictures. Perfect homes, dream vacations, etc…know that. Don’t let yourself play the comparison game.